- [only before noun] an alternative idea, plan etc is different from the one you have and can be used instead
- deliberately different from what is usual, expected, or traditional
- What do you think alternative means when it is used in phrases such as alternative fuel or alternative music? Give some examples.
- What do you think alternative education means?
- What might be some examples of alternative education?
Post your answers for these questions in the text box.
ethical (adj) relating to beliefs of what is right and what is wrong
What is unethical for a reporter?
- A) Pretending to be someone else in order to find out information for a story
- B) Writing facts and information that are not true
- C) Printing or saying negative things about a person
- D) Secretly putting microphones in people’s homes to hear what they say, and then reporting their conversations
- E) Taking photos of people in public without asking for their permission, and then printing the photos in a newspaper or publishing the photos online
Which of these actions is the most unethical for a reporter? Please explain.
Please discuss the following questions:
- What kind of person should report the news? What training should they have?
- How do we know if news is true?
- Can anyone report the news?
- If you were the only person to witness something important – something that the whole world should know about – what would you do? Please explain your answer.
Please share your ideas about these questions by posting comments in the text box at the bottom of this forum page. You must write at least 100 words.
Is Hawaii really a paradise? Yes or No? What do you think?
Please explain your answer.